Thursday, August 27, 2015

QUICK UPDATE

Went through the last six locks of the Trent-Severn Waterway today and scooted over to Belleville for the night. Between Trenton and Belleville Elaine took the helm and I untied and stowed the fenders and fenderboards we’ve been using to get through the locks. Under normal cruising conditions, the fenders are deployed only while at a dock and as soon as you leave the dock, they get pulled up and stowed. But when you’re going through 45 locks in 5 days, everyone just leaves them out the whole time. Otherwise you’d spend half of your time just putting them out and back again.


The last time I had a chance to thoroughly wash the boat was on our way up in Orillia. almost two months ago. I’ve hosed the mud off, splashed off the bugs and kept the cobwebs to a minimum, but haven’t had the chance to do a complete washdown with soap, brushes and a hose until today. It took several hours, but she looks much better. I was bummed, however, when sitting in the salon after dinner and saw a couple of big spiders crawling outside on the windows. The really make a mess of the boat with their webs and little black “spider dots” they leave all over the place. I thought I had washed them all off, but these two got special attention from me, and they no longer exist…

Off to Kingston tomorrow - in a clean boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment